List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: minimum kde startup
From:       "Michal Vaner \(Vorner\)" <michal.vaner () kdemail ! net>
Date:       2005-12-09 20:44:31

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Friday 09 December 2005 20:37, Dave Feustel wrote:
> When I start up kde and do a ps -ax, there are processes that I
> can kill without adversely affecting the operation of kde as I use
> it. What is the absolute minimum set of processes needed to be
> able to run konqueror, terminal, and kmail? How do I configure
> kde so that only these processes are started by starttkde?
>
> Thanks,
> Dave Feustel

Well, there are many processes that "respawn" - arts, kio_<whatever> and many
other. I guess they will just start again when something needs them.

Try running the apps from non-kde environment. They will probably start more
or less only what they need.

--

Windows are like..
windows. Shiny but fragile and expensive.

Michal Vaner (Vorner)