List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Flickering in KXMLGUIBuilder
From:       David Faure <faure () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-12-08 17:12:14

On Thursday 08 December 2005 14:18, David Saxton wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to be able to call factory()->removeClient(), followed by
> factory()->addClient(), for different clients that have the same toolbar
> layout, without having the toolbars flicker.
>
> Is this possible? (e.g. by somehow preventing redraws of the toolbar area,
> etc...)

I have the feeling that it's not really possible since Waldo already did his possible
to improve that problem, by letting KToolBar delay the deletion of buttons (iirc).

setUpdatesEnabled is for preventing a single widget from repainting,
but it doesn't prevent stuff happening on screen when a whole widget is
being deleted; that's something different.