List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: C++ exceptions
From:       Volker Lukas <vlukas () gmx ! de>
Date:       2005-12-08 15:18:31

Lubos Lunak wrote:

> [...]
>
>> So no, I do not expect that this will crash, because I both know from
>> Trolltech-sources that it should not, and from my own observations that
>> it does not.
>
>  Hmm. Care to provide some more details on the latest paragraph, e.g. some
> links? It's just that my observations think otherwise (Qt3):
I should have said this before: I have only Qt4 in mind.

I guess this bugreport makes it clear:
http://www.trolltech.com/developer/tasktracker.html?method=entry&id=88696
There it is explicitly stated that exception-unsafe code will be fixed.

A second ressource is of course the Qt reference documentation. There is no
requirement stated in there that throwing in event-handlers/slots is
forbidden (Or at least I did not find any). And then there is the Qt
sourcecode, of course, which does contain at least two throw statements, in
event-handling code. (not exactly many, I know :-)
And then the Qt sourcecode does include potentially throwing parts in
event-handlers itself.