List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=265920
From:       Alejandro Exojo <suy () kurly ! org>
Date:       2005-12-08 11:12:28

El Miércoles, 7 de Diciembre de 2005 17:43, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton
escribió:
> On Wed, Dec 07, 2005 at 04:06:54AM +0100, Dirk Mueller wrote:
> > On Tuesday 06 December 2005 02:52, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:
> > > was the issue mentioned in this report ever resolved?
> >
> > I'm not sure why I have to state the obvious, but the world does not
> > rotate around Debian, and unless you report the bug at an upstream place
> > where the actual maintainer can read about it, its unlikely that bugs get
> > fixed in a magically automated way.
>
>  *shrug* :)
>
>  ... that kinda defeats the object of having a debian bug-reporting
>  mechanism - esp. where the debian maintainer(s) don't feed stuff
>  through to you!

The idea of the Debian bug tracking system, is that if a user doesn't knows if
the problem is Debian specific, or not, it can be reported there, and the
Debian maintainers can forward it upstream if it's not.

The problem with the KDE bugs, is that there are _lots_ of bugs to handle, and
the Debian maintainers don't have the time to wok in _all_ of them: reproduce
them, check if are debian specific or not, and forward upstream.

Adeodato told you in the bug report to fill it yourself upstream, because
maybe none of the Debian KDE maintainers use SELinux, so none of them can
reproduce the problem, and fill a meaningful report.

--
Alex (a.k.a. suy) - GPG ID 0x0B8B0BC2
http://darkshines.net/ - Jabber ID: suy@bulmalug.net