List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: C++ exceptions
From:       Volker Lukas <vlukas () gmx ! de>
Date:       2005-12-07 21:40:16

Thiago Macieira wrote:
> Volker Lukas wrote:
>>> Hmm... I think you misunderstood again:
>>
>>I do not have that impression. To be clear, I am talking about
>> situations like the following:
>>-----------
>>class my_widget : public QWidget
>>{
>>virtual void paintEvent(QPaintEvent*)
>> { ... throw something(); ... }
>>};
>>----------
>
> Ok, then we are talking about the same thing.
>
> That's the exact kind of code that I'm telling you you can expect to
> crash.
As I have written in my first message: Trolltech does intend this code to
work correctly, i.e. whenever a problem is reported arising from such
situations, this is classified by them as a bug and will probably get
fixed. And it is not documented that this would not be allowed, at least
considering the reference documentation, which would be an appropriate
place.

So no, I do not expect that this will crash, because I both know from
Trolltech-sources that it should not, and from my own observations that it
does not.