List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE3 and Qt4
From:       Thiago Macieira <thiago () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-12-07 0:53:01

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Frederic Mercille wrote:
>Is it possible to use a KDE3 widget inside a Qt4 application?

No.

KDE3 -> Qt3
KDE4 -> Qt4

>Or, if KDE4 gets stable enough, will it be possible to run a Qt4
>application that has KDE4 widgets in it from a KDE3 desktop?

KDE4 will get stable enough. The question is not "if", but "when". The KDE
Libraries for Qt4 should stabilise in a 10 to 12-month period, maybe
sooner for developing, but you may not release a KDE4 application before
KDE 4 is released itself. (YMMV)

And yes, it will be possible to run KDE3 applications from inside a KDE4
desktop. We aren't sure however the level of interaction between
applications, though.

    PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
    E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358

1. On frumscafte, hwonne time_t wæs náht, se scieppend þone circolwyrde
wundorcræftlíge cennede and seo eorðe wæs idel and hit wæs gód.