List:       kde-devel
Subject:    KIO::Job::addMetaData confusion
From:       John Hawkes-Reed <hirez () libeljournal ! com>
Date:       2005-12-05 14:36:36

Hello.

I'm fiddling with some code to (attempt to) talk to the Atom API in Movable
Type. Atom seems to require that authentication gugna is attached to each
http transaction.

Now, to my (obviously wrong) mind, I'd expect something like this to work:

    KURL server = "http://www.libeljournal.com/cgi-bin/mt-atom.cgi/weblog";

[ Ugly code to construct SHA + nonce and call it 'authStr' ]

    KIO::TransferJob *job = KIO::get( server, true, false );
    job->addMetaData( "UserAgent", "Pobble 0.1" );
    job->addMetaData( "Authorization", "WSSE profile=\"UsernameToken\"");
    job->addMetaData( "X-WSSE", authStr);

... But since only the 'UserAgent' string turns up in the ethereal dump, I'm
getting it horribly wrong.

Does 'addMetaData' allow arbitrary pairs, or will it only work with headers
that it knows about?

--
JH-R