On Monday 05 December 2005 14:55, Benjamin Meyer wrote: > On Sunday 04 December 2005 8:36 pm, David Jarvie wrote: > > On Sunday 04 Dec 2005 21:01, David Faure wrote: > > > On Sunday 04 December 2005 19:03, David Jarvie wrote: > > > > In my application, there is a "Hide Toolbar" menu option, which appears > > > > due to the StandardToolBarMenuHandler entry in its ui.rc file. Using > > > > the menu option successfully toggles the toolbar on and off, but the > > > > setting doesn't get carried over after quitting and restarting the > > > > application. Similarly, if I change the text position setting via the > > > > toolbar context menu, the new position is lost the next time I run the > > > > application. > > > > > > > > Is there standard code to save and restore these settings? > > > > > > Call KMainWindow::setAutoSaveSettings() once in your constructor, and it > > > will do it all for you (saving and restoring) > > > > I already had that, but it didn't save the toolbar hide state or text > > position. > > Use KMainWindow's setupGUI() and it will save it. Funny... all setupGUI does is to call setAutoSaveSettings, so if it didn't work for him, why should setupGUI work? I wonder why setAutoSaveSettings didn't work though. Ah, probably due to the missing save/apply calls in the kedittoolbar-related code, cf the kedittoolbar documentation. -- David Faure, faure@kde.org, sponsored by Trolltech to work on KDE, Konqueror (http://www.konqueror.org), and KOffice (http://www.koffice.org). >> Visit http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to unsubscribe <<