List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: kde linux media... cd-roms, flash disks
From:       Pavel =?utf-8?q?=C5=A0imerda?= <pavel.simerda.lists () centrum ! cz>
Date:       2005-12-04 20:32:05

On 2005-12-04 20:48, Michal Vaner (Vorner) wrote:
> Right, but it should (in KDE) tell you that you have opened files, what
> application is that using them, and, maybe, preloaded konqueror should
> release the directories and not keep them opened even if has all it's
> windows closed.

Yes.... but you cannot ask every application to release the directories.

> However, there could be some kind of unsafe button, like "unmount anyway,
> it may cause real problems" or "kill everything accesing it".

I'd personally prefer unmount anyway, if possible.... the programs would
recover easily...

But... maybe a list of blocking applications would be nice.... (could include
possibility to kill it).

> Sometimes, I
> get angry and 'cdrecord -eject' my CD as well, even if the system is still
> mounted.
Hmm, first time I hear about it.

It doesn't work for me....
-----
Error trying to open /dev/cdrom exclusively (Device or resource busy)...
retrying in 1 second.
Error trying to open /dev/cdrom exclusively (Device or resource busy)...
retrying in 1 second.
cdrecord: Device or resource busy. Cannot open '/dev/cdrom'. Cannot open SCSI
driver.
cdrecord: For possible targets try 'cdrecord -scanbus'.
cdrecord: For possible transport specifiers try 'cdrecord dev=help'.
cdrecord:
cdrecord: For more information, install the cdrtools-doc
cdrecord: package and read /usr/share/doc/cdrecord/README.ATAPI.setup .
-----
Pavel