List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE ABI stability?
From:       Dan Kegel <dank () kegel ! com>
Date:       2005-12-04 16:15:51

On 12/4/05, Kevin Krammer <kevin.krammer@gmx.at> wrote:
> > Great!  Where are they documented?  I do see the developer recommendations
> > http://developer.kde.org/documentation/other/binarycompatibility.html
> > but I don't see anything in e.g.
> >   http://developer.kde.org/development-versions/release.html
> > documenting what the policy is.
> > For comparison, the Gnome "Release Planning" page,
> >   http://developer.gnome.org/dotplan/
> > explicitly covers ABI stability policy.
> If nothing else, maybe you could add exactly what you wrote in your
> > email onto the kde site and link to it from the release planning page...
>
> Maybe better under http://developer.kde.org/policies/

Yeah, but there has to be at least a pointer to it in
the release planning page, I think.

The 'make bcheck' stuff really needs to be documented somewhere,
too.  It should be easy for any kde developer adding
features to verify he hasn't accidentally broken ABI compatibility.
- Dan

--
Why can't Johnny run Linux?  See http://kegel.com/linux/comfort