List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Interesting ps -ax listing
From:       Pavel Troller <patrol () sinus ! cz>
Date:       2005-11-30 17:36:46

>  I think Kicker in 3.4.2 sometimes crashed on exit. It should be already
> fixed.

I'm very sorry but I must report that in yesterday's KDE 3.5 SVN kicker
sometimes crashes on logout *exactly* as in 3.4.x. The crash symptoms include
- classical crash with sigsegv and crash dialog (sorry, no backtrace, I was
  compiling a "production release" so there are no debug symbols in it)
- late kicker restarting (the whole KDE is almost down but kicker reappears
  and tries even to accomodate its applets etc..)
- kicker HANGS. However, in my case, all the logout process freezes in this
  moment until I kill kicker with -9 from a text console.

I searched bugzilla and there are many bugs regarding kicker crashing but
most of them are closed. However it seems that under a somewhat "special"
conditions the crash is still there, even for a new user with default
kicker configuration.

                       With regards, Pavel Troller