List:       kde-devel
Subject:    kwallet problems in 3.4.2
From:       Dave Feustel <dfeustel () mindspring ! com>
Date:       2005-11-30 13:05:03

I just upgraded to OpenBSD 3.8 and kde 3.4.2 and I now
am experiencing strange interactions between kmail and kwallet.
Every time I send/receive email, I get a popup saying
kwallet is unavailable and should the password
be stored. It looks like if I click yes, the valid password
for the email account gets wiped out. I just tried
clicking "don't save password" and the outbound email was
successfully sent (disappeared from outbox).

When I tried to send this message, the kwallet popup appeared again.
When I attempted to see whether the password had been cleared on
the account, I couldn't get that account data display. So I clicked cancel
on the password request and kmail crashed immediately.
It looks to me like kmail has regressed in 3.4.2 although the rest of kde
seems to be working well.

I had no problems whatsoever with kwallet/kmail in kde on
OpenBSD 3.7. Is this a known problem?

Thanks,
Dave Feustel