On Tuesday 22 November 2005 04:01, Bram Biesbrouck wrote: > Hi all, > > Can someone tell me what's the best approach to using transparency in an > application? I'm aware of the existence of transparency patterns, but they > are not really what I'm looking for. Maybe someone can provide me a link to > some insight regarding this topic? Transparency relative to other windows (from other processes)? That's Qt-4 only (setWindowOpacity). Transparency relative to other widgets in the same process? Not really available, except if it's only about sharing a common background pixmap. (iirc) Transparency when painting a given widget or pixmap? Available with QPixmap and QPainter, provided that you have the RENDER extension [or that you do it by hand with QImage]. The easy way is: create a PNG with transparency, load it, paint it. For more info, see my chapter in the Practical Qt book :) -- David Faure, faure@kde.org, sponsored by Trolltech to work on KDE, Konqueror (http://www.konqueror.org), and KOffice (http://www.koffice.org). >> Visit http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to unsubscribe <<