List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE Test Report - savesize, optionsShowToolbar()
From:       Andreas Silberstorff <ml () andreas-silberstorff ! de>
Date:       2005-11-23 21:21:24

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Am Mittwoch, 23. November 2005 13:56 schrieb Benjamin Meyer:
> On Tuesday 22 November 2005 6:04 pm, Andreas Silberstorff wrote:
> > Am Dienstag, 22. November 2005 23:09 schrieb Michael Pyne:
> > > Basically, there is a lot of boilerplate that KMainWindow::setupGUI()
> > > can handle for you, including implementing the showToolbarDialog slot.
> > > (You would use setupGUI() in place of createGUI()).
> > >
> > > If you remove the slot from the .cpp you also need to remove the
> > > reference to it from the .h file.
> >
> > Thank you. This allready did help me a lot. It even fixed a bug in kalva
> > I did struggle with (changing the toolbar did only show a difference
> > after reloading kalva).
>
> Hey there (/me author of said test) how could I improve the docs both in
> the test and in kmainwindow so that others wouldn't be confused?
> (fyi all the tests are located here: trunk/playground/base/kdetestscripts)
Hi Benjamin.
I would say Your scripts are fine and the docs are as well. I appreciate these
tests a lot as they help me to learn and to improve my coding.

There is one thing I miss from the doc for KMainWindow, that is something
about where and when to load plugins. If they are loaded before setupGUI they
are not visible. If the user changes the toolbar config, plugins vanish, so
obviously I need to call loadPlugins() after KMainWindow calls setupGUI
again. I can't find an event where I can do that.

The QString.fromLatin1() thing might get a better explanation. Looks like I
made my "correction" just on the wrong part of the comparison?!

The copyright issue I do not understand either. Yesterday I added a line that
is simular to that in my other sourcefiles to the four files I just copied
over from kdevelop (kfilednd*). But still the false copyright report is
shown.
Yours,
Andreas