List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: kdevelop not included in SUSE release of KDE 3.2.1?
From:       Andreas Pakulat <apaku () gmx ! de>
Date:       2005-11-22 17:46:40

On 22.11.05 06:59:32, Peter J. Bismuti wrote:
> kdevelop was not included in my SUSE release featuring KDE 3.2.1.  I do not
> have root password.  What are the chances with some patience and persistance
> that I can sucessfully install it myself?  I've tried in the past with no
> luck.
>
> I find it add that any KDE distribution does not include kdevelop.

Please don't steal somebody else's thread, open up a new one.

What version of SUSE do you have? And if you don't have the root-pw is
it because this computer belongs to your firm or something like that? If
so, please check if your firm allows to install software yourself on
that computer.

Anyway: You can always run kdevelop's configure with the
--prefix=$HOME/kdevelop option and then add the variables
KDEDIR and KDEDIRS to your environment, KDEDIR has to point to the
installation directory of KDE and KDEDIRS has to include KDEDIR and the
installation path of kdevelop (i.e. $HOME/kdevelop). At last add
$HOME/kdevelop/bin to your path and run kbuildsycoca or restart KDE.
Then you should be able to start kdevelop by typing "kdevelop" at any
terminal.

If you encounter specific problems, please don't hesitate to ask.

Andreas

--
Accent on helpful side of your nature.  Drain the moat.