List:       kde-devel
Subject:    using custom widgets in Qt4 designer
From:       Jason Harris <kstars () 30doradus ! org>
Date:       2005-11-13 15:39:51

Hello,

Is there an "easy" way to use custom widgets in designer under qt4?  I see in
the manual there is the possibility to "promote" a standard widget to a
custom one, so it can serve as a stand-in in the layout.  However, when I try
to promote a KListBox to my class (DragListBox), it fails because
draglistbox.h already exists!  I guess the promotion feature is only to be
used when the custom widget source code is not available.

The other option in the manual is exporting custom widgets as plugins, but I'd
rather not do that for all of my custom widgets unless I have to.

I wish there was a way to simply define placeholder custom widgets as there
was under Qt3.x.  Maybe there is; have I missed something?

thanks,
Jason

--
KStars: KDE Desktop Planetarium