List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE Database
From:       Craig Howard <kde () choward ! ca>
Date:       2005-11-05 22:07:03

On Saturday 05 November 2005 16:41, lordSauron wrote:
> I think he wants a sort of a settings server so that if he uses two
> computers, when he changes one the change is reflected on the other.
>
> You could build a Sync4J plugin to do that I think... since Sync4J
> really is designed to do just that.  However, I could be very wrong
> about what you were getting at, so if I'm wrong, please just drop me
> *one* email (sometimes they email me personally and then I get 20
> people telling me I'm an idiot... not fun).

Ah, I forgot to make that part clear.  That's the main reason I use
subversion.  The first thing I do when I use a new computer is svn co.  Then
I've got all my personal settings on that system.  Any changes can be merged
back to my other systems.  The synchronization is free and built-in.
--

Craig Howard