List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Scripting the power control
From:       Rafał_Rzepecki <divided.mind () gmail ! com>
Date:       2005-10-29 14:59:05

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Friday, 28 October 2005 14:52, Andy Pieters wrote:
> Hi List
>
> First off sorry if this isn't the right place to ask.
>
> Actually I like to make the timeout to poweroff my monitors dynamic.  Like
> if I am doing something but want to prevent the monitors to poweroff.
>
> Is there a way to do this with dcop?

I don't think you need to use dcop; in fact, I don't think it is possible at
all to use dcop to do what you want.

It seems that what you need is xset(1). See the manual (look for dpms option).
An example:
$ xset dpms 60 300 600
or even
$ xset -dpms

There are also some X11 messages you can pass around to do the same thing
programatically; AFAIR the extension is XDPMS.
--
Rafał Rzepecki