Am Donnerstag 27 Oktober 2005 03:55 schrieb Brad Hards: > On Thursday 27 October 2005 08:07 am, Thorsten Schnebeck wrote: > > +# CR2 (Canon RAW, a modification of TIFF) > > +0 string II\x2a\x00 > > +>8 string CR\x02 image/x-raw > > That is really little endian TIFF. Any feeling for false > positives? Yeah, I know its TIFF - but ask Canon. But AFAIK the second line is really unique and not part of a standard TIFF. Today there is already a (wrong!) CR2 magic as part of http://websvn.kde.org/branches/KDE/3.5/kdegraphics/kfile-plugins/raw/x-image-raw.magic?rev=438982&view=markup But this file is installed in share/config/magic/ and so it does not take part in the MIME magic game. By now every CR2 file is handled as TIFF and shows a wrong file size and only uninteresting meta tags. I have witten a new 'kfile_rawimage' and 'rawimagethumbnail' plug-in that shows for photographers the interesting stuff. Please look at http://forum.ebv4linux.de/viewtopic.php?p=4586#4586 But for showing CR2 metatags I need this MIME magic defined _before_ TIFF and I dont want to copy a new central file as of a small kfile_plugin distribution. Bye Thorsten >> Visit http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to unsubscribe <<