List:       kde-devel
Subject:    non-permament volunteer patch request for usability test
From:       "Celeste Lyn Paul" <celeste () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-10-24 16:24:05

Hi all..

I was wondering if any of you would be interested in writing a
non-permament patch to collect some information about user habits.

I would like a patch that collects information on how a user launches an
application, either through a shortcut in the KMenu, the CLI, a shortcut
on the Desktop, or a shortcut on Kicker.  Information collected would
include the name of the app launched, from where (or how) it was launched,
and the number of times.  Also, is there a way to know if the app was
launched directly (via shortcut or cli command) indirectly (via file being
opened with an association).

I assume this would have to be applied to kdelibs somewhere and probably a
few other places.  I dont really know how difficult of an operation this
is or how much work I am asking for, but perhaps we could trade a patch
for some usability work in a requested area? :)

All, some, or none of these things may be possible, but even partial
information would be valuable.  The most needed data would be access from
the KMenu and how many times the application is launched overall (it
doesnt matter how).

Anyone interested?

Thanks,

---