List:       kde-devel
Subject:    KListView columns
From:       Michael Rex <me () rexi ! org>
Date:       2005-10-20 18:53:39

Hi,

I'm quite new to KDE development, so please pardon me if I'm asking some
stupid questions.

So, my first possibly stupid question is regarding KListView. I am trying to
create a KListView with two columns. I've found out how to create two equally
sized columns. Finally, it works quite good. As long as I do not resize the
window containing the KListView. I've tried to overwrite the window's
resizeEvent method but now I'm getting strange behaviour when resizing the
window. KListView's headers are resized appropriately, but the contents of
the listview seem to not be repainted correctly every time I resize the
window. Maybe someone here has done something similar and can give me a hint
at what to keep an eye on?

Second possibly stupid question: before deciding to use KListView (or better:
before I found out KListView existed) I've been using a QTable. I couldn't
find a KDE specific version of QTable, say KTable, so the question is: is
there no such thing or am I missing something? For my current requirements
KListView works great, but there might be situations in which a table is the
better choice over a listview, and QTable doesn't seem to offer things like
alternating line colors.

I hope that someone here can enlighten a novice KDE coder.

Bye, Michael

--
Dichtheit und Wartung liegen nah beieinander.