On Monday 17 October 2005 23:10, Thomas Friedrichsmeier wrote: > > Ah, hmm, if you're going for hackish there are simpler solutions. Instead > > of messing up the XML, just remove the actions you don't want, like > > > > KActionCollection* coll = khtmlpart->actionCollection(); > > coll->take( coll->action("tools") ); > > coll->take( coll->action("security") ); > > Oh, great! Is there a similarly nice hack to remove an entire menu/toolbar? No, this is about actions, not about containers... for container your approach is needed, I guess. (or querying the container afterwards and hiding it, but this would still make toolbars appear in the Settings menu, and it might flicker...) > > Sorry that I didn't mention this before; there is indeed no clean way. > > For KDE4 Simon is experimenting with the opposite approach, based on an > > idea of mine (the host asking for groups of actions, so that if it doesn't > > want some actions, it would simply not ask for them). Very early stage of > > the idea though. > > Well I can live with a hackish solution until KDE4 comes out. Glad to see this > is being worked on. Well, I make no promises; no idea what the future will be, this idea might die out (it would require rewriting so much stuff...) -- David Faure, faure@kde.org, sponsored by Trolltech to work on KDE, Konqueror (http://www.konqueror.org), and KOffice (http://www.koffice.org). >> Visit http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to unsubscribe <<