List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KListView and sorting items
From:       Giovanni Venturi <gventuri73 () tiscali ! it>
Date:       2005-10-16 18:16:34

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Alle 09:43, domenica 16 ottobre 2005, André Wöbbeking ha scritto:
> Override QListViewItem::compare() to compare the data without conversion
> into QStrings. Also override QListViewItem::text() then the conversion
> is only necessary if the item is visible. For example
>
>     class MyItem : public QListViewItem
>     {
>     public:
>
>         virtual int compare(QListViewItem*, int, bool) const;
>
>         virtual QString text(int) const;
>     };
>

> Cheers,
> André

Mmm, I don't understand. I used compare() before your reply because the
sorting was done according the strings and I need according long:

int KSnifferViewItem::compare( QListViewItem *i, int col,
                                 bool ascending ) const
{
  int result;

  switch (col)
  {
    case 0:
      // frame number...
      if (key(col, ascending).toLong() < i->key(col, ascending).toLong())
        result = -1;
      else if (key(col, ascending).toLong() > i->key(col, ascending).toLong())
        result = 1;
      else
        result = 0;
      break;
    case 1:
      // time...
      if (key(col, ascending).toDouble() < i->key(col, ascending).toDouble())
        result = -1;
      else if (key(col, ascending).toDouble() > i->key(col,
ascending).toDouble())
        result = 1;
      else
        result = 0;
      break;
    default:
      result = QListViewItem::compare( i, col, ascending );
  }

  return result;
}

Maybe compare() I wrote has some statement that is not for the system
performance? Can someone reply me?

Redifine text? In which way? I don't understand.
Help me :-),
Giovanni
--
A KDE Italian translator and KSniffer core developer
Slackware GNU/Linux current version - kernel 2.6.13.2