List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KFile plugins
From:       Thiago Macieira <thiago () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-10-16 14:57:16

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Bernd Brandstetter wrote:

>> > Sure it does, otherwise it wouldn't be able to recognize files
>> > without extension. But AFAIK the magic is not meant to be extended:
>> > http://developer.kde.org/documentation/library/kdeqt/kde3arch/mime.h
>> >tml
>
>Hmm, I don't think so. Otherwise, how could Konqueror's "File Type"
> section show "C Header File", "C++ Header File", "Objective-C Header
> File" or sometimes simply "Mime Type" for files which all have the same
> extension ".h"?

It uses Magic only when the file type cannot be guessed from the file name
pattern (not just the suffix, mind you). So a file ending in .h will be
assumed to be a C header always.

    PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
    E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358

1. On frumscafte, hwonne time_t wæs náht, se scieppend þone circolwyrde
wundorcræftlíge cennede and seo eorðe wæs idel and hit wæs gód.