Egon Willighagen wrote: > On Sunday 16 October 2005 00:49, Luciano Montanaro wrote: >> By the way, currently, all my mime types rely on the extension to >> recognize the file content. This is not satisfactory, since, for example, >> many z-machine games have a ".dat" extension, which is too generic to be >> useful. So I would prefer using the magic file, but my experiments in >> that direction do not seem to work. Do I have to specify anything >> particular in the mimetype.desktop file to trigger file examination? > > Does KDE use this mechanism at all? Sure it does, otherwise it wouldn't be able to recognize files without extension. But AFAIK the magic is not meant to be extended: http://developer.kde.org/documentation/library/kdeqt/kde3arch/mime.html Fred -- Fred Schaettgen kde.sch@ttgen.net >> Visit http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to unsubscribe <<