List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KFile plugins
From:       Thomas Kadauke <tkadauke () gmx ! de>
Date:       2005-10-14 19:01:53

Am Friday 14 October 2005 20:46 schrieb Kevin Krammer:
> On Friday 14 October 2005 20:42, David Faure wrote:
> > On Friday 14 October 2005 20:04, Thomas Kadauke wrote:
> > > Another question: can I move non-virtual member functions inside the
> > > class for the sake of grouping? I.e., can I move
> > > KFilePlugin::addMimeTypeInfo before KFilePlugin::addGroupInfo? This
> > > would render the documentation more readable as similar methods are
> > > correctly grouped together.
> >
> > Yes, order of non-virtual methods doesn't matter, you can reorder them.
>
> I am not sure why they would need to be reordered.
> The generated API dox have them sorted alphabetically anyway, better use
>
> @see otherMethod()
>
> to point to potential interesting companions.

I don't think that they are sorted alphabetically. See
http://developer.kde.org/documentation/library/3.5-api/kdelibs-apidocs/kio/kio/html/classKFilePlugin.html

In particular addMimeTypeInfo should logically appear before addGroupInfo. If
noone objects, i will move addMimeTypeInfo before addGroupInfo.

--Thomas