List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Shortest route for a KDE devel wannabee?
From:       Jonas Widarsson <jonas () widarsson ! com>
Date:       2005-10-12 15:19:25

onsdagen den 12 oktober 2005 14.29 skrev Fred van Zwieten:
> Hi all,
>
> I like to develop for KDE as a hobby. I'm pretty new to qt and the kde-libs
> and reasonably comfortable with C++. KDE will be ported to qt4 in the
> coming year. What would be the best approach will the future in mind:

> What do you guys think is the best approach?

Hi Fred!

I am at the playground stadium myself and I figured that KDE3 at least exists,
so I can write for KDE3 and port to KDE4 when the right time comes. No reason
to wait for a full KDE4 platform when my goal is just for playing around.

You might find the "getting ready for Qt4" interesting though.

http://www.trolltech.com/products/qt/readyforqt4.html

Cheers,
--
Jonas Widarsson

tel: +46 271 152 00 - tel: +46 271 121 42 (hemma/home) - gsm: +46 70 539 64 79
MSN: jonas@widarsson.com ICQ: 72016688 jabber: jonas@widarsson.com