List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: knetd, kvnpc, kwifi ....... ???
From:       Michael Olbrich <michael-olbrich () web ! de>
Date:       2005-10-11 10:04:07

On Tue, Oct 11, 2005 at 11:11:16AM +0300, Engin AYDOGAN wrote:
> On Monday 10 October 2005 23:19, Stefan Winter wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I have already been trying to think of a more intuitive way of setting up
> > things (at least for wireless NICs). So far I have set up a UI file with a
> > new way of handling stuff. Take a look at
> >
> > http://www.stefan-winter.de/wireless_kcmodule.ui
> It seems it doesn't support multiple interfaces. For one interface it looks
> nice tho. We can replace both interface text field and auto detect button
> with one combo box of detected wireless devices.

Don't forget there are multiple types of interfaces. Dialup interfaces
have a whole lot of other options.
Btw. you are missing the DNS server in the manual configuration.

I would also like to see the posibility for some pre/post scripting.
Some dbus (or other) interface would be fine too. I just need some way
to execute the stuff in /etc/network/if-up.d/ etc.
I'm not sure whether a gui option for this makes any sense. Would that
actually be used?

michael