List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Hi all
From:       "Aaron J. Seigo" <aseigo () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-09-30 6:06:56

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Thursday 29 September 2005 23:15, Chakkaradeep C C wrote:
>  in the Menu creation, where do we 'draw' the Menu?..i want to do something
> like WindowsXP start Menu...

the current kmenu is just a regular popup menu. the inheritence chain is:
QPopupMenu -> KPopupMenu -> PanelServiceMenu -> KMenu. so the kmenu itself
doesn't do any drawing. that's all handled in QPopupMenu. if you want to do
something like the XP menu you'll need to make your own custom QWidget
subclass.

>  and,
>  in the Menu creation code...in the "service_mnu.cpp",
> ********************code***************************************************
>******************************* PanelServiceMenu * m =
> newSubMenu(g->name(), g->relPath(), this, g->name().toUtf8(),
> inlineHeaderName);
> ********************code***************************************************
>******************************* does the above code create a new menu?...

yes.

> "Accessories","Games","Development" etc.,.And is the line below which adds
> them?..
> "int newId = insertItem(iconset, groupCaption, m, id++);"??

correct

>  and when it comes to "KST_KService", how are those items added as child to
> their respective "KST_KServiceGroup" in the insertMenuItem( ) function.??

the third parameter to insertItem is 'm', which is in this case a pointer to
the parent menu

>  I really feel very hard to grasp things as am new to KDE Programing...i

we all start somewhere, somewhen =)

--
Aaron J. Seigo