Op donderdag 29 september 2005 17:23, schreef Daniel Stiefelmaier: Hi, > This means: > KDE-Addressbook and Thunderbird have their Contacts in the same database. > When the user adds a new contact to Kopete or Gaim, the user is asked if > a new entry should be generated or if the ICQ/Jabber/MSN-ID should be > added to an existing person. > KOrganizer or Sunbird/Calendar may extract birthdays from the contacts, > if desired and synchronize them. > KOffice or OpenOffice may use this address book by default for their > serial letter functionality. > Kexi, finally can be used to manage or export or do anything with the data. We have IM Proxy for a while, which operates between KAddressBook, KMail, Kopete and Konversation (yes, only KDE apps). The infrastructure is there, but I think it's hard to convince non-KDE projects to let them talk with IM Proxy. And KOrganizer is already capable of extracting birthdays from KAddressbook, that's not a point. Kind regards, -- Bram Schoenmakers KDE Netherlands (www.kde.nl) What is mind? No matter. What is matter? Never mind. (Punch, 1855) >> Visit http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to unsubscribe <<