List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KMainWindow and qt-designer
From:       Andreas Pakulat <apaku () gmx ! de>
Date:       2005-09-29 13:15:55

On 29.09.05 14:28:58, Flavio Castelli wrote:
> I would like to know if is possible to create and mantain a KMainWindow class
> using qt-designer.
> I know that qt-designer can manage QMainWindow classes, but I don't find
> anything about KMainWindow  ones...

Because that's not possible, at least that's what the integrated
designer in kdevelop is telling me if I try to use a KMainWindow instead
of QMainWindow in the ui-file.

Maybe you could tell us what you want to accomplish, because I fail to
see what benefit you have from creating a KMainWindow in designer?

If it is the Menu-Stuff have a look at XMLGui, it uses an
xml-description of the menu and all you have to do is create the proper
Actions in the KMainWindow-derived class. There are tutorials accessible
from the kdevelop.org page on how xmlgui works.

Andreas

--
You will be recognized and honored as a community leader.