List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Creating a kpart component that uses a custom widget
From:       Juan Luis Baptiste <jbaptiste () cable ! net ! co>
Date:       2005-09-27 6:06:13

Hi,

I have been trying to create a ReadOnlyPart component with no success. I have
created a kpart application from within kdevelop, compiled and installed it
and it works fine. I have a KDialog that I want to embed in the newly created
application, this dialog has some other widgets in it like buttons and
labels. If I change the QMultilneEdit that is created in the part constructor
(of the app created by kdevelop), the shell window seems to resize to the
size of my widget but my widget isn't shown.  I can embed for example a
kpushbutton or a klineedit, but not my widget.

Any ideas what can I be doing wrong?

Cheers,
--
Juan Luis Baptiste