List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Patch for KRDC
From:       Sivert Berg <siveberg () online ! no>
Date:       2005-09-26 7:58:59

Hello again,

> Hi there,
>
> May I ask in what situations it's handy to have KRDC available as a KPart? I
> guess I miss something.

Well, the reason I made a kpart for KRDC was that we needed a VNC part in a project
I'm developing for (http://hawkeye.sourceforge.net) . It could also be handy with an
embeded VNC viewer in konqueror if somone have a link to a VNC server, or as a
backend in other programs.

> Some other random comments:
>
> o A KPart also needs a *.desktop file. Did you make one?

Sorry, seems like i forgot that one...

> o The version number in krdcpart.cpp (line 78) states 3.4.2. You should raise
> that to 3.5.90 or something like that. Because this patch can't be committed
> to the 3.5-branch anymore.

Ok. It's noted

> And last but not least. If you are really going to do some serious hacking on
> krdc, I suggest you request a SVN account.

I'll do that. Thanks for your time

> Kind regards,
>
> --
> Bram Schoenmakers
> KDE Netherlands (www.kde.nl)
>
> What is mind? No matter. What is matter? Never mind.
>   (Punch, 1855)

Cheers.
Sivert Berg

 =