List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Helix Player KPart
From:       Frank Osterfeld <frank.osterfeld () gmx ! de>
Date:       2005-09-19 20:21:04

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Hi,

On Monday 19 September 2005 15:39, Trenton Carr wrote:
> Hello all.
>
> I have been trying to incorporate the Helix player into KMathTool. Three
> months now and am ready to give up the battle. I need it to stream
> Mathematics edu content with graphics and audio via a SMIL doc. Does a
> KPart already exist and if not, can someone _please_ give me a hand with
> this? I won't be a total nuisance, I just need some off-list guidance.
> I'll do all the work.

It seems Amarok has a HelixPlayer engine (in Amarok >= 1.3), maybe that is of
use for you? I guess it isn't what you are looking for (as amarok is not a
video player), but maybe it can give some hints how to use the helix engine.

Are your problems more related to KDE coding (handling KParts, integrating it
into kmathtool, making it build etc.) or to helix (i.e. using the lib)? Can
you explain a bit further of what kind your problems are?

Regards,

Frank