List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: SystemTray Icon gives Problem in KDE
From:       "Aaron J. Seigo" <aseigo () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-09-21 14:27:19

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Wednesday 21 September 2005 04:25, neha gupta wrote:
> No, The panel does not crash.
> When tray applet is quit the tray icon ceases to exist and the system tray
> becomes empty. I.e. any other application icon in tray icon also vanishes
> but there is no crash and everything else works fine.

this seems to imply then that whatever your tray icon does on exit is
communicating to the system tray applet that it no longer owns the system
tray icon display. due to these icons being singular and out-of-process, only
one application can embed them at a time, so the systray publishes a claim
that it is managing the icons.

i can't get to your code, but can you include what interactions with X your
tray icon performs on exit?

--
Aaron J. Seigo