List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Activating a kded module
From:       Kevin Ottens <ervin () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-09-12 17:02:06

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Le Lundi 12 Septembre 2005 18:36, Nikhil Marathe a écrit :
> what is the command line syntax to activate a kded module
> is it 'dcop kded <modulename>'

dcop kded kded loadModule <modulename>

> how do i get a list of modules available?

dcop kded kded loadedModules

As a side note:
dcop kded kded
lists all the DCOP method available on the kded object.

> Also what method of the kded module is called when the module is activated.

The factory function of the module which calls the constructor.
http://developer.kde.org/documentation/library/3.5-api/kdelibs-apidocs/kded/html/classKDEDModule.html

> Is implementing extra methods possible which can be called from dcop?

Of course, kded modules are also DCOPObject, so anything valid for dcop
objects apply to kded module. As a starter we even have a tutorial about
dcop:
http://developer.kde.org/documentation/tutorials/dot/dcopiface/dcop-interface.html

As you might notice, all the answers to your questions are on
http://developer.kde.org that's really a great resource.

Regards.
Ne font reculer l'ignorance."