List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Where is KDE4 source?
From:       Michael Pyne <pynm0001 () unf ! edu>
Date:       2005-09-06 22:24:16

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Tuesday 06 September 2005 15:52, Philip Rodrigues wrote:
> Kyunng Un Choi wrote:
> > Hey,
> > I read people talk about KDE4.
> > I tried to get it, but I not sure where I can download KDE4.
> > I try to look in to SVN, but I can not find.
> > I have no clue.
> > Somebody, leave some tip, please.
> > Thanks
>
> KDE is currently for developers only. If you can't work out how to get it,
> you don't need it. See http://www.canllaith.org/svn-features/kde4.html

To clarify, KDE *4* is for developers only.  It is still possibly more trouble
than it's worth to build the upcoming KDE 3.5.  Perhaps you should wait for
the next alpha or beta release of KDE 3.5 and use Konstruct or your
distribution's packages.  Otherwise you can keep up to date with KDE 3.5
development using kdesvn-build 0.97.5.

Just be aware that if you're not even sure what a compiler is this may not be
for you. ;)

Regards,
 - Michael Pyne