List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Running KDE 4 programs in a KDE 3 session
From:       Luciano Montanaro <mikelima () cirulla ! net>
Date:       2005-09-05 13:33:30

El Lunes, 5 de Septiembre de 2005 13:36, Adriaan de Groot escribió:
> On Monday 05 September 2005 13:15, Frans Englich wrote:
> > I'm having trouble running KDE 4 programs in a KDE 3 session, which I
> > think should be possible.
>
> IIRC, it already wasn't possible to mix KDE 2 & KDE 3 for the exact same
> reason -- DCOP and/or KLauncher got horribly confused after starting one
> of the 'foreign' apps.

I hope this time around something can be made to have a mixed environment
working. I'd be more willing to check out KDE4 stuff if I knew I could try
out a single program in an otherwise working desktop.

And I think being able to run kde3 programs on a kde4 will be needed for a
while after the kde 4 release.

Luciano

--
Luciano Montanaro //