On 02.Sep 2005 - 16:15:33, Matt Rogers wrote: > On Friday 02 September 2005 15:36, Ingo Klöcker wrote: > > On Friday 02 September 2005 14:55, Reichert Bernard wrote: > > > Hi, > > > thanks first for the links. > > > quanta does not seem to be using kmdi at all. The main window > > > is an KDockMainWindow extending class. An it has several > > > kdockwidgets in it. Which are created with createDockWidget > > > (this far it works for me to, I can show 1 kdockwidget on the right > > > side of my mainwindow) but in quanta you have at the right > > > side of the mainwindow icons which you can click > > > to show the kdockwidgets one by one. (Same as in kdevelop) > > > This has sth to to with qwidgetstacks. > > > That is what i want to figure out how to do. > > > > I just want to point out that KMDI and KDockWidgets has been removed > > from kdelibs for KDE 4. So I suggest not to use them unless you want to > > rewrite your application for KDE 4. > > > > Regards, > > Ingo > > New, alternative solutions will be provided (unless i somehow don't find time) > so he won't have to rewrite, just port Hm, so if I currently use Kmdi (and switch to KParts::DockMainWindow soon) it shouldn't be too hard to port the app to KDE4 - ui-wise? If not: What alternatives do I have with KDE3.4.2? Andreas -- You will be singled out for promotion in your work. >> Visit http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to unsubscribe <<