List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: where to store config files?
From:       Rafał_Rzepecki <divided.mind () gmail ! com>
Date:       2005-08-30 18:35:38

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Tuesday, 30 August 2005 20:13, Craig Howard wrote:
> On a related note, I've been meaning to ask something for a while.  In
> KDE4, would it be possible to divide up the config areas to the equivalent
> of /etc and /var.  Ie a (semi) read-only area and a read-write area.

Is second that. Although perhaps something similar is intended with share and
cache dirs; maybe we should only make sure that it-s used consistently (as
bookmarks example shows, this is not neccesarily the case). Also mutable
content is not always cache, the bookmarks visited count would be more
of /var/lib thing.

> The reason I'm asking is that I keep my entire $HOME in subversion.

That's actually a very good idea. Though it's offtopic, how do you mount a
repoistory as a asubdirectory? Or do you just manually sync/whatever?

--
Rafał Rzepecki