List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: [RFC] kdebug patch
From:       David Faure <faure () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-08-29 22:35:30

On Monday 29 August 2005 08:42, Thomas Braxton wrote:
> This patch cleans up kdebug.{cpp,h}. It removes all Qt3 classes and removes
> all functions specified with KDE4: remove/merge, except
> operator<<(QStringList) because it is a subclass of QList<QString>,
> so I reimplemented it as such. It also moves all member variables into a
> d-pointer.

I think the support for the qt3 classes will still be needed - in kde3support.
For easier porting of applications.
So, probably with a solution like the old kdebugclasses.h, which showed how to
add support for new types of data out of the kdebug classes themselves.
Would you mind doing that too? In a k3debug.h or something, which includes
kdebug.h and adds support for the qt3 classes. Then we can commit it all
at once (otherwise this commit would break compilation in many places I think).
I will create kde3support meanwhile.