On Sun, 28 Aug 2005, Steven P. Ulrick wrote: > I have gotten used to setting "/usr/local/kde-svn/bin/arts*" to 755 for the > purpose of compiling KDE, and then having to eventually go back to 444. I > can't compile with /usr/bin/arts*, but at least I used to get sound with it. > So now I have no sound, and if I set "/usr/local/kde-svn/bin/arts*" to 755, > the errors start again, and KDE is useless. > Now I'm going to go into a non-graphical mode and update, compile and install > arts, kdelibs and kdemultimedia. Otherwise, I will not be able to use my > system. Hopefully, the default FC3 KDE will not have this problem. > Otherwise, I'll have to use Gnome until I get this fixed. > If you need any more information, I will be glad to oblige. > > Steven P. Ulrick Hello, Again Here is a link to a backtrace that I got after I chmod 444'd every arts executable on my system: http://www.afolkey2.net/arts-backtrace Also, before I stopped it, I recently got 30 of those crash notifications. Have a Great Day Steven P. Ulrick >> Visit http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to unsubscribe <<