List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Error building kdelibs 3.4.2 with -fvisibility=hidden
From:       David Jarvie <lists () astrojar ! org ! uk>
Date:       2005-08-28 12:57:42

On Sunday 28 Aug 2005 10:13, David Jarvie wrote:
> I get an error in kdelibs/dcop when building with -fvisibility=hidden. A
> grep for one of the missing symbols, KDE_IceSetPaAuthData, only came up
> with the following:
>
> dcop/KDE-ICE/ICEutil.h:#define IceSetPaAuthData KDE_IceSetPaAuthData
>
> So where is KDE_IceSetPaAuthData supposed to be defined?

I wasn't thinking properly when I wrote the last comment about
KDE_IceSetPaAuthData  - please ignore it.

CFLAGS included -fvisibility=hidden when the build error occurred. I now find
that omitting it from CFLAGS makes kdelibs compile OK. Should the visibility
compiler flags only be included in CXXFLAGS, and not in CFLAGS, when building
KDE?

Cheers,
David Jarvie.