List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Problem compiling kdegraphics
From:       Alexander Malashenko <repair () jvc ! ua>
Date:       2005-08-25 19:40:38

>> When I try to compile kdegraphics from the latest svn /branches/KDE/3.5/
>> the next error appears:

>> I use GCC-4.0.1, Fedora Core 4

> Hello, Alexander
> Am I to understand that KDE from Branch 3.5 will now compile on Fedora Core
4
> using GCC-4.0.1?  If this is so, did you have to jump through any hoops to
> get it working, or does it "Just Work?"  I went back to FC3 when I
discovered
> that the version of GCC that ships by default with FC4 was blacklisted by
> KDE.
> Like I said, I would like to know if it "Just Works," because if it does, I
> may go back up to FC4.
>
> Have a Great Day,
> Steven P. Ulrick

Hello, Steven.

KDE from Branch 3.5 can be compiled on FC4 with GCC-4.0.1 and it seems to me
it has a better performance in the result. The only GCC-4.0.0 was
blacklisted. So, You can switch to FC4 again! The only thing You need is to
install the available updates for FC4 to get gcc-4.0.1.

Best regards,
Alexander