List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: make toolwindow not resize the app window
From:       Andreas Pakulat <apaku () gmx ! de>
Date:       2005-08-24 10:40:42

On 24.Aug 2005 - 10:39:13, Dominik Haumann wrote:
> On Wednesday 24 August 2005 01:25, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > On 24.Aug 2005 - 01:00:56, Dominik Haumann wrote:
> > I'd like to _not_ switch to pure kparts..
> class KmdiMainFrm : public KParts::DockMainWindow ...
> class KateMDI::MainWindow : public KParts::MainWindow ...
> I don't see the point :o In contrary I even see an advangate, as
> KDockWidgets themselves bring quite some bugs as well.

I have to admit that I did not yet look into kate, but I don't really
want to use Kate's MDI, as you said it likely needs KDE3.5 and I don't
really want to build kde from svn, I'd like to stick with Debians system
supplied KDE (unstable), basically because I don't have broadband
internet connection...

> > Also I don't think that kmdi is the problem here, because it doesn't
> > happen in kdevelop using the same ideal mode... It only happens in my
> > app :-( If I really get no answer at this (which might really be the
> > case) I'm going to leave it as it is and try to replace kmdi-stuff for
> > 1.0 release...
> If it works in kdevelop I'd say (as probably everyone ;)) "read the code",

I did, but I could not find anything, that's the problem :-( I tried
vaious function calls that said something like "I have no idea what this
does, but it was there when I saw the code first" in the comments...

> > Is that the same as kdevelop's simple ideal mode? Which is already there
> > in kdevelop3.2.0 and kde3.4.1...
> No, not at all.

Ok, I'll take a look at both.

> > Not realy :-( But I guess nobody can do anything about it...
> Well, at least I tried :)

And I'm thankful for it.

Andreas

--