List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Tips for kde from source.
From:       Michael Pyne <pynm0001 () unf ! edu>
Date:       2005-08-22 20:22:27

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Monday 22 August 2005 14:05, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> >Does anyone have tips for running something like this, and making sure
> > they dont trample on eachother?
>
> All my KDE builds are done on separate dirs, meaning that at any given
> time I have two builds installed. The trick to do that (with
> kdesvn-build) is to set a different prefix every time. If you want to do
> the way I do, you must erase your builddir every time.

Or if you don't mind using different configuration files, you can have a
different kdesvn-buildrc for each configuration you wish to build, each with
a different source-dir and kdedir setting.

> Another important thing to remember is to NOT have any other KDE build on
> $PATH when building. This is specially difficult if you have one KDE
> installed on /usr: it will always be found. In that case, add the new
> prefix to $PATH before /usr (I think kdesvn-build does that for you).

Yes, kdesvn-build will automatically precede the $PATH with the settings for
$QTDIR/bin and $KDEDIR/bin (whatever those happen to be).  The rest of the
PATH is determined entirely by the setting of the binpath so as long as you
make sure your other KDEs don't get mixed in you should be fine.

Regards,
 - Michael Pyne