List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Qt Mouse events with open menu
From:       Leo Spalteholz <leo.spalteholz () gmail ! com>
Date:       2005-08-20 7:25:48

On 8/19/05, Aaron J. Seigo <aseigo@kde.org> wrote:
> On Friday 19 August 2005 12:45, Leo Spalteholz wrote:
> > I'm doing is simulating key presses when the mouse moves over a widget
> > in an always-on-top application.  This works fine, except when I have
> > a menu open.
>
> probably because the menu enters it's own little event loop depriving the app
> of processing events itself. can you install an event filter on the menu(s)
> or are they external to your application?

These menus are all external to my application..  Also, it could be
any application, not just Qt or KDE based.

After much mucking about, I think my only choice may be to try and
fake it with a quick timer and grabbing mouse positions while a menu
is active.  Hehe, I guess I was optimistic to think I could pull this
off without at least one dirty hack.

Cheers,
Leo