List:       kde-devel
Subject:    QUESTION: KGlobal locale setLanguage language KDatePicker
From:       Lorenzo Delana <lorenzo.delana () virgilio ! it>
Date:       2005-08-17 14:29:41

Excuse for my repost of this message of 15/08/05 but maybe that the message
subject not report the keyword QUESTION so anyone skipped it :-}

My problem is that I have setup italian language from KDE control center for
all programs, and I have also setup LANG from /etc/profile for the
environment that startup kdm.

So KDatePicker of the kaddressbook application works fine, but when I build my
own application I got a strange behavior:

- first of all KGlobal::locale () -> language () reports to me an "en_US"
locale instead of the choosen "it_IT@euro"

- well, I try to force language setup using KGlobal::localte () -> setLanguage
("it_IT@euro") but when I check setting up resulting by KGlobal::locale () ->
language () the result remain to "en_US"

I setup my application using #include <kapplication.h> and starting up
KApplication app (_argc _argv, "name");

What problem maybe that I cannot change language of KDE library... ??

Many thanks to any hint..

PREVIOUS MSG:
--------------------

I do:

QStringList l = KGlobal::locale () -> languageList ();
cout << l.join (", ") << endl;

and result as:

it, en_US, it_IT@euro

---------------------------------

I do:

KGlobal::locale () -> setLanguage ("it_IT@euro");

then

cout << KGlobal::locale () -> language () << endl;

and result as:

en_US

So language switching not work for me, and so KDatePicker not work with
correct traslated name of the day.

Someone know what error I have made ?

thnx
Lorenzo