List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: [CRASH] KMail/Kontact crash on startup
From:       Michael Pyne <pynm0001 () unf ! edu>
Date:       2005-08-14 21:21:49

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Saturday 13 August 2005 21:00, Joshua J. Berry wrote:
> Three more bits of information:
>
> - THIS crash only happens when trying to restart KMail after some other
> (unrelated) crash.
>
> - KMail is calling KMFolderMgr::remove() because somehow my kmailrc got
> messed up. (This leads to the eventual crash -- note how the this pointer
> magically changes between stack frames #11 and #10.)   Specifically, the
> ImapPath setting for some of my IMAP folders got set to the empty string.
>
> - Manually editing the kmailrc and resetting the ImapPath settings fixes
> the crash and allows KMail to function normally.
>
> Given that no resolution has been forthcoming (and it's been almost a
> week), is it worth it to open a bug about this?

Well, if KMail crashes due to a bad setting in a *rc file it's probably a bug
by definition.  And if you didn't mess up your kmailrc in the first place,
then it was probably somehow KMail that did so, in which case it's definitely
a bug.

So yes, please file a bug, and attach the various backtraces and steps to
reproduce that you've encountered.

Regards,
 - Michael Pyne