List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: ioslaves for history & bookmarks
From:       Luke Sandell <kdedevel () luketopia ! net>
Date:       2005-07-30 12:30:48

On Friday, July 29, 2005 11:02 pm, I wrote:
> No, what I meant was, in general, how do you notify an application (such as
> konqueror) about new directory items (so that the user does not have to hit
> the refresh button in order to get them)? I know it involves a KDED module,
> but I don't know how to write it.

On second thought I'll just try subclassing KDirNotify and KDEDPlugin or w/e,
and that will probably work.

> This still does not solve the problem of how to receive DCOP signals
> without calling kapp->exec(). Maybe I could override
> SlaveBase::dispatchLoop() to call kapp->processEvents().

Oh wait, the ioslave doesn't need to receive signals, only the KDED module
does. Silly me.

Sorry about all that. From now on I'll try to post on alt.test first or maybe
just type my questions into Eliza :-)

--
Luke Sandell

--
Luke Sandell
"Actually, Windows doesn't 'just work' either."